Tuesday, December 8, 2009

A Cooking Fool

So since the cold weather started a few days ago, I have what feels like a primal instinct to hunker down and cook. There's something about the snow falling, the chill in the air, and the craving for, well, food. And I just love to look at recipes online, read reviews and then somehow blend what I read with my own instincts and taste. Cooking, and at times baking, has become quite the hobby.

This cooking jaunt started with wanting to make Jim a little treat, so I made cranberry bread. That didn't seem to satisfy the urge, so I went on to make a new chicken piccata dish that night and then spent an inordinate amount of time on foodnetwork.com and epicurious.com. What followed was peppermint bark, chocolate fudge, lemon-chicken soup with veggies and pasta, and a homemade tomato sauce for my meatball and spaghetti dinner party Friday night. Not to brag, but I don't think I'll be buying anymore of the jarred tomato sauce that I seemed to be just fine with all of these years. And really I don't have to brag because I have a very appreciative husband who loves to eat. He knows if he piles on the compliments, I'll be spending even more time in the kitchen.

1 comment:

SZM said...

Wow! I now feel the need to have your tomato sauce recipe......