Sunday, June 7, 2009

More home improvement


You have now been into our bedroom. Oh my, and all via a blog! Anyway, we finally got our bedding set, a Christmas present from Jim last year. It's super comfortable, affordable, and mountain and dog friendly. Yea! Note the wood platform bed frame with drawers -- custom built by Michael, a friend and local artist using local poplar/aspen wood. I have more storage space! Double Yea!
Jim also got this custom chest of drawers made of aged beach wood by Michael. His old set of drawers collapsed and is only partially alive, now to be used by guests in the Igloo (basement)

This chest of drawers fits so snuggly into our hallway closet that it's hard to appreciate the detailed and unique craftsmanship that went into it. But it's the only place it can go, and we continue to enjoy maximizing our space and living the simple life.

Unrelated, I just completed my volunteer stint for the Telluride Jazz Festival. It was cold-cold-cold. I was wearing my winter gear in multiple layers! Anyway, I worked in the merchandise tent adjacent to the stage. Next to us, the bar, and well, I knew many of their volunteer staff, so I got to have a couple of cocktails, gratis. Jazz is not my thing, but there were a couple of notable guests. One was Ozomatli -- a must check out. They played Friday night and totally rocked the canyon. The other was a little 8 year-old singer-songwriter who was just playing during the break between bands. I must say, she was the highlight of the weekend, a true rising talent. Don't know her first name, but if you ever see a little jazz prodigy with the last name of Carlson, it's probably her. What poise, and she played a guitar almost as big as her, and even wrote her own songs. Wow.

No comments: