Sunday, May 31, 2009

Introducing Our New and Improved Mud Room


After three long days of cleaning, taping, painting, repeat, our mud room has a new look. This small space is used several times daily -- it's where we keep everything sports, shoes, skis, and everything dog. And it's actually the main and only entry we use for the house. So I decided it needed a makeover.
This is what it looked like before--

Three different tints of white or grey, dirty, paint stained and plain boring and ugly.

It took one coat of a strange sort of pumpkin brown, then using a special brush and technique, I applied the second coat using a darker brown. It is supposed to look rusty, or at least rustIC. Once I was done with that, I realized that I had to do the trim (red), and then I realized I needed to do the ceiling. Oh, and if you are wondering, no Jim was not participating in this project.

Now I am sore, but pleased.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like it! Hopefully we'll be doing a lot of that soon ourselves. JPL