Wednesday, June 10, 2009

No Photo, Please

My birthday got off to a rather precarious start. Boomer, the dog that never cries to go out unless he REALLY needs to go NOW, woke me up with one little "Boom Squeak" at 630am. I jumped out of bed and as I went to the door, I stepped squarely in his pile of diarrhea. Frozen only for a moment, I promptly grossed out, then freaked out a bit, then quickly realized I had no choice but to clean up. I looked outside at the unusual morning rain. No birthday hike today I thought, and then I laughed to myself at what an bizarre start to any day, let alone my birthday. I had to stop laughing though when ten seconds later I stepped in a pile of Boomer's vomit.

After clean up, I turned on the coffee maker, realizing that I had zero chance of falling back to sleep, despite my comfy bed in this cool weather. So now I sit, coffee, Facebook & blog, listening to the rain slap off our metal roof and the cars from our little morning rush hour slosh through the puddles on our street.

1 comment:

SZM said...

ewwww.

how did you link your blog to FB?