Thursday, February 26, 2009

Social Butterflies


Had a wonderful week with my mom who was visiting from Atlanta. We wined, dined, walked, hiked and did a ton of socializing. Three dinner parties, a cocktail party, and three dinners out on the town in seven nights. She left yesterday, and last night we attended another dinner party, and there's one more Sunday night before it quiets down. No complaints here, it's just kinda funny to us how social we are here compared to our lives in Charlotte and before that, Atlanta.

I hosted one of the dinner parties this past Saturday night. I love entertaining, and it was fun to do it with my mom here. She knows most of our friends, though with Mom, it wouldn't have mattered. She gets along with everyone. We somehow crammed, I mean seated 10 people around our dining room table that comfortably seats 6. But you know, it worked, and it was cozy. People seemed happy. So here are a couple of photos from our party during cocktails.

The Gals -- Wendy, me, Mom, Melanie, Sandy and Peggy Sue (yes, that's her real name).


The Guys -- Bobby, Bill, Jim and Billy Bob (yes, that's his real name).

I'm told the food was excellent, especially my homemade carrot cake.
The house is quiet again now that Mom is back in ATL. It's just the dogs, me and my long-haired husband.

1 comment:

SZM said...

Great pics! Looks like so much FUN!!!