Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Here goes nothing

So I just finished talking with my college pal Sheri who suggested I start a blog. I'm thinking you will be the ones to decide if I have enough to say and it's entertaining enough to sustain. For now though, welcome, and I hope you at least get a mild chuckle from time to time. 

Most of you know that Jim and I are now living in Telluride full-time after years of careful planning and a ton of chutzpah. Our home here is less than one-third the size of our previous homes, no garage, and well, it's not exactly in the greatest shape. But no violins necessary, as we are in heaven. The air is pure, the mountains abundant, the people are wonderful, and life is, well, good. 

Jim left his law firm after 23 years of practice and couldn't be happier. He spends his time hiking, reading, socializing,  even helping me with household chores. I just finished working a volunteer staff position with the Telluride Film Festival which was lots of fun. The energy in town was amazing, and I got to meet a lot of interesting people. Then of course there were the celebrity sightings... Salmon Rushdie, Leonard Maltin (sorry to even mention them in the same sentence), Greg Kinnear and a slew of noteworthy producers and directors (such as David Fincher -- Fight Club and the upcoming The Curious Case of Benjamin Button). 

Then of course there are our dogs -- Boomer and Riley are two of the happiest dogs ever. They hike 2-6 hours a day, chase wildlife all over the mountains, and still get to hang out on the sofa whenever they want. You can expect to see future blog entries from them as we have learned from overhearing them talk that they have been maintaining an underground blog for some time now, which we have convinced them to merge with this blog. 

SO thanks for joining us, and please feel free to post your comments. We would love to hear from you. More From the Lillypad soon. 


4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm hooked! More, please!!

Anonymous said...

It's great - keep the updates coming. Can't wait to see the continuing saga of the Lillys' new life in T-Ride.

5sportsnutz said...

Great to hear from you and Congrats on making the move.

The blog looks cool. Keep us posted. I may even try blogging now!

Is there a way to have a photo album attached to your blog. If so, please share more pix of your "slice of heaven"!

Joe C. Lilly said...

Hello to you guys out west. Was wondering if any Democrats made it your way from Denver.
After the Republicans finish their business in the Twin Cities I wlll call and we can talk politics and a little college football.
I was also wondering what the difference is between a blog and a web page? I need to get on the bridge to the 21st century that Clinton build unless it was one to no where. Later, Joe.
P.S. It is kind of neat that I was number 4 (the Duke's number)to post a comment.