Thursday, September 25, 2008

Bear Creek Basin


I don't know how much longer until the leaves fall, so I snapped this photo of Bear Creek from the river trail across the street from our house. I think I'll snap the same view as the seasons change; it'll be something when we get hit hard with the snow!

If you look in the middle of the photo where the mountains meet, that's Bear Creek, and behind the falls, Bear Creek Basin. Tuesday we hiked up to the Nellie Mine (historic remnants of mining efforts from the late 1800s) into the basin. Two hours uphill was quite an effort, but well worth it. It's hard to believe what kind of conditions the miners worked in and the physical labor they endured. Here are some photos from Nellie Mine.







We've been hiking everyday now for awhile, and I think I am enjoying it more than ever. But still not as much as Boomer and Riley.

1 comment:

adriane said...

Those photos are so lovely! Across the street from our apartment is an auto repair shop, a condo complex, and a condemned house. Such charm!

Your babies just look as happy as any dogs could be. Adorable.