Thursday, August 20, 2009

All year round

Somehow, we seem to be in heavy socializing mode all year long. That's not a complaint, just an observation. It used to be that our social activity here peaked in the summer time with both locals and our part-time Telluride friends. Then we started to notice a lot of activity in ski season. Now that we are full-time locals, it's just all year round. We seem to need breaks from time to time to re-charge our batteries.

Anyway, tomorrow night, we are (read "I am" cuz I do 95% of what needs to be done) hosting another dinner party. Having three local couples over to the Lillypad for a Mexican extravaganza. Appetizers are nothing fancy, just some chips and guacamole. Then I am making a mexican lasagna and some jalapeno cheddar cornbread for dinner (salad provided by one of our guests). My homemade Key Lime Pie is cooing in the frig I type this.

What a gift it is to have good friends over to break bread at in our home.

No comments: