Saturday, January 24, 2009

Injured, but NOT from skiing!

Took a fall down our stairs Monday night and tore the ligaments at the base of my thumb where it connects to the hand. Exceptionally and unbelievably painful from the moment it happened. Fortunately, I am doing much better now, immobilized in a "thumb spica" hard cast. It seems my chances for needing surgery are about 50-50, better than when I was first examined by an orthopedic hand surgeon. Will know more at my next exam in a couple of weeks. Meantime, I am told by doc that I can still ski, and I am told by my husband that I can still cook and clean. I must say however, he's being a trooper!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Susan,

I'm very sorry to hear about your injury. It really does sound painful. I hope surgery is not necessary and that it heals as quickly as possible. Please be super careful skiing...and cooking and cleaning (and make Dad do some/all of it)!

Extra love from ATLillys.

SZM said...

So sorry to hear about your hand!