Monday, December 8, 2008

No photo, but digitized in my brain

Just returned from a harrowing drive from Grand Junction: 3 1/2 hours, blinding-white-out-crazy-ass snow storm on top of nearly a foot of snow that had already fallen. Ridiculous way to break in us Southerners to this driving in the snow business. Our wiper blades were already malfunctioning. Add to that that they were collecting ice, so visibility was zero, seriously, zero for about 2 hours. We could not pull over for a number of reasons -- a) we could not see, b) we did not know what we were pulling over into, and c) we just couldn't do it! Going 20mph felt too fast, but also made for a long, trechorous drive.

We certainly expect to drive in snow living in Colorado, but this particular storm, with malfunctioning wiper blades, at night, truly stunk, to put it mildly.

Jim is my hero as I am sitting here alive typing this blog thanks to his safe driving.

2 comments:

SZM said...

crazy ass snow! Love that. Another Susan D period Lilly saying to add to pig &%$# that I say each time I pull into the Trader Joes parking lot, and drank or drank drank---that my kids now say.

5sportsnutz said...

Susan,

Glad you both made it home.

Next time you're coming to ATL, please let me know. Maybe we can get together.

Chuck